Digi Temps/Fans/ Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rare

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Living in South Florida temps-humidity is part of everyday living. You get used to it and then you go to San Diego and ask why can't we have that kind of weather all the time...lol

The 130g has been at the 81.9-82. mark & just to keep it safe I was gonna start looking for a chiller JBJ brand since I hear they are the best chiller on the market. The tank was hoodless since I started and 2 weeks ago I put the canopy on without the top to support the lights. I bought this setup on c.list. It was a saltwater aquarium. The hood had 2 big fans because 12bulbs from the fixture. So one fan blowing in the other out. I didn't like the look of the canopy and went hoodless. I went back to the canopy so I can but the lights on top and this also has moonlight within. Now, the fans where on the hood top & I took them out and placed them here. (pic) In a full day I was wow'ed that from 82 my temps dropped to 77-78. This was an easy fixed.

I had two temp readers & this also a plus for other reading. I had one in the 50g I took down & the other on the 130g. When I put then both together side by side, the one on the 130 was off by 2 degrees.. cooler. Keep this in mind to buy two temp readers or a good one. I will be buying a higher end temp reader to make sure all is well and be safe.
zkx6.jpg

5vrs.jpg

x1ar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom