Dinosaur eel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hcourts said:
That thing is wicked...scares me alittle!! Here is my fella...

Haha yeah my girlfriend wasn't a huge fan of mine. She was always worried when I put my hands in the tank.

Yeah that's alittle bigger then what I'm wanting;) I'm already in persuasion that this guy will need a bigger tank in about eight months;) I want at least a 90g;) I figure if I start now buy the time we buy us a bigger house I will have him talked in to it. He wants the aggressive fish tank aka cichlids...I told him we need at least a 90g for that:) would this guy do ok with those for future reference?

I've seen Senegals in Cichlid tanks. Generally since Senegals are some of the smaller Bichirs (upper jaw species) they won't be big enough to really threaten Cichlids.

Dont put any with catfish i have two of them and they tore tge catfish apart

Ok...so should I give him a week and see how he does or take him back?? I have 13 days to decide!! What does everyone think...stock list:
3 juvie angels
1 dwarf gourami
10 cories of assorted mix
11 harlequins
1 bn albino plecy
3 mystery snails...

To be honest. Even though I love Bichirs very much. I'd give him back. Then maybe when you get that large Cichlid tank going consider him :)

That's what I was thinking predfan:) I keep having these thoughts that he's already attacking my cories;) I am constantly checking around looking for him!!! I am gonna take him back on Monday:) already called petsmart and they said that was cool. So with taking him back could I do another dwarf gourami?? The blue one I have is awsome and has a blast swimming in my air strip bubbles!! I love those guys!!

Yeah I will have other options for when my angels grow:) I am going to take the nightmare eel back tomorrow and look at another dwarf gourami. I have a 10 and a 20 that either of the gouramis could go in when the angela get big:) the little fella(eel) did eat the shrimp pellets today though but I just don't think I can risk my other babies when he gets big. So is there a chance the angels when larger will try to eat my harliquins? And if so could I move them to the ten? The ten is empty but for a colony of shrimp...

hcourts said:
Yeah I will have other options for when my angels grow:) I am going to take the nightmare eel back tomorrow and look at another dwarf gourami. I have a 10 and a 20 that either of the gouramis could go in when the angela get big:) the little fella(eel) did eat the shrimp pellets today though but I just don't think I can risk my other babies when he gets big. So is there a chance the angels when larger will try to eat my harliquins? And if so could I move them to the ten? The ten is empty but for a colony of shrimp...

Awwww the Bichir isn't a nightmare :( I have tremendous love for them. Quite possibly my favorite fish! (and my calling card fish when my friends talk to me) also, they aren't related to eels :)

I wouldn't say so, as long as they are raised with them. My friend had Corydoras Pygmaeus with a large Angel. I wouldn't suggest it but since they grew up together I'd assume the Angel didn't see them as food.

Shrimp colony's are awesome! You could get a group of small Rasboras (Chili Rasboras most likely) if you want something in there. I keep my 5.5g solely RCS.

It's a pretty cool fish but I have nightmares of it eating all the others!! I keep imagining a bloodbath:) I thought about keeping my shrimp in my 5g but couldn't resist moving it all to my 10g;) it's pretty awsome!! I am thinking about moving five of my harliquins to it...

i have a 10 inch poly and he gets along fine with many smaller fish and i feed him live food and they all go to town on it working together to catch it..hes in with wonder killies kuhlli loachs snails tire track eels rope fish and so on..its just luck of the draw i guess i got lucky and didnt get a killer

Your guy reminds me of my Senegal when he was little. I had him for about six years. He ate anything and everything but seemed to calm down as he got older and fatter. I miss him very much. He would eat from my hand.

Now I have a delhazi which is pretty tame compared to the other one. He still likes to nip at my cory and even took bites out of his tail. Cory learned to hang out on top of the pleco cave lol and somehow (no kidding) his tail grew back 0_o.

I love their personalities but it is a challenge to balance them with others.

Ok...eel back to the store and got three kuhli loaches...they are awsome!! And my cories don't run from them;)

hcourts said:
Ok...eel back to the store and got three kuhli loaches...they are awsome!! And my cories don't run from them;)

*Bichir back to the store*

Sorry. My love for Polypterus made me say it haha. They aren't eels!

Kuhlii Loaches are awesome. Did you get the black ones or the striped?

Yeah I felt bad for him:( I got the last black one at petsmart and then I stopped by my lfs and two of the striped ones so he isn't lonely:) so far they hang out together. I was afraid they would discrimitive;)

sorry to tell you they will i have 5 black and 3 stripped they stick to there sides unless mine are that way then again my black ones hang out with my rope fish...good luck your going to love there dance

Back
Top Bottom