Disappearing Red Tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XavierMarx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, so here's the skinny...
I had purchased a black ghost knife, dinosaur fish, and a red tail shark.
They of course needed a place to hide and sleep. So the next day I bought a large rock decor piece. Everyone took to it immediately including the three original Bala Sharks who were there. The only other fish in the tank are two albino Plecos.
Bso this morning I feed everyone and head to work... Sometime between last nogt and today my red tail has disappeared!
I dunno if he is in the rocks. I shook them and moved them but still no red tail. Any advice AA?

If there are any holes in the rock, thats where you will find it.:facepalm: My loaches used to do the same thing. I plugged the holes with pieces of an old AC sponge.

foster53 said:
If there are any holes in the rock, thats where you will find it.:facepalm: My loaches used to do the same thing. I plugged the holes with pieces of an old AC sponge.

I want to leave them open, I just wish he wouldn't hide it in :(

Back years ago I had a ceramic shoe in a tank:oops:. My black shark hid in it until it was too big to get out. I had to break the shoe to free the shark. It's some fishes nature to be reclusive;)

foster53 said:
Back years ago I had a ceramic shoe in a tank:oops:. My black shark hid in it until it was too big to get out. I had to break the shoe to free the shark. It's some fishes nature to be reclusive;)

That's what I'm afraid of, and its a $60 piece of rock!

Right! He is a good looking fish, just a pain right now.

Just an update, a moment ago I looked in my tank and saw my red tail out wondering around :D

Yeah red tails like to hide there have been times I have given mine up for dead but eventually he shows back up:) weird fish

Wiggles24 said:
Yeah red tails like to hide there have been times I have given mine up for dead but eventually he shows back up:) weird fish

Yeah, I was thinking about the shoe comment from the guy above and was saying if he's dead in the rocks too bad he was $5 the rock was $60!

XavierMarx said:
Yeah, I was thinking about the shoe comment from the guy above and was saying if he's dead in the rocks too bad he was $5 the rock was $60!

We found him if anyone missed the update...

Back
Top Bottom