Disappointed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to the store today hoping specifically to find a blue tigerhead oranda, another female betta (preferably yellow), and lots of snails. I brought back two cellophane female bettas, two mystery snails, and two tiny pond snails. Shopping in Sheboygan is quite disappointing. There are no pet stores that sell snails here (except mystery snails at walmart), so I had to ask nicely if he'd throw in some pond snails with the fish. The store is overrun, so what does he do, he uses the net to scoop them up one at a time and put them in the container. After he got three I said that's enough. I was getting impatient, but managed to stay polite. I could have had a few dozen snails picked out by hand by then. Then he bags the fish and snails and one snail stuck to the net so I only got two. He must be afraid to touch them, as if they bite. I hope when I go home I can get a bucket of snails from my own lfs. No reason other than my own like for snails and that they will hopefully keep the glass clear from walking around on it.

It could be that he understands the importance of not allowing "hands" in the tanks. You never know what might be on them. Residue from hand lotions, chemicals, whatever the case may be. The fast way is not always the best way.

Hara has a point. he may have just washed his hands or something, and understands that he shouldn't put his hands in the tank with that stuff fresh on his hands.

I feed my fish in the morning before I even take a shower. I will not touch their food, or stick my hands in the tank till I no longer smell the soap/lotion on my hands.

Back
Top Bottom