Discus and angel..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would like to do a discus and an angel in my 55 with maybe a small school of something. Is this possible? What are the pros and cons??

hcourts said:
Would like to do a discus and an angel in my 55 with maybe a small school of something. Is this possible? What are the pros and cons??

Well I'm currently in the process of doing a 180G discus tank, although I haven't bought any discus yet, everyone keeps saying to buy numerous ones at a time, I've never heard of just having 1 discus in the tank, atleast 2 I would assume :/ but don't quote me on that lol

If you're going to get schooling fish, go with rummynose tetras and a species of cories, that's what i have in my tank now

Ditto. I would really like to try a discus in my tank as well. I already have an older 6" angel, and that is pretty much what is holding me back. Also, I don't think I could justify a $40 fish...

Bbush said:
Ditto. I would really like to try a discus in my tank as well. I already have an older 6" angel, and that is pretty much what is holding me back. Also, I don't think I could justify a $40 fish...

$40??? That's cheap compared to what my LFS is asking lol

Bbush said:
Yeah beats what I'm seeing on aquabid.

Yeah aquabid wants a lot usually, unless they r fry then you can get like 6 of em for cheap but nobody wants fry discus

But what if I got two discus and they ended up not being a mates pair? Will they end up beating each other up? And if I did just go with one and one angel could I throw in some small gourami?

hcourts said:
But what if I got two discus and they ended up not being a mates pair? Will they end up beating each other up? And if I did just go with one and one angel could I throw in some small gourami?

If you bought 2 discus at the same time and same size and added them to the tank at the same time, they should get along fairly well, whether they becoming mates or not, as for gouramis I'm not really too sure, never owned any to be honest

Back
Top Bottom