Discus not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baygon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day everyone,

My new discus has been in my tank for 3 days and have not eat yet.

temp is 31Celsius, ph6.8 ammonia0.

Did waterchange evrday.

There are small holes i think* and small part of slime coat on the side of the discus) In photo you can see the whitedish side of the body.

Whenever i turn on the light the fish will swim up n down none stop at corner but aftwr i turn off the light it stops and calm down. i have no idea what shouls i do... tried to find metrolzadole med but theres only food type med in the LFS...

i willing to do any thing to see my diacus eat again please tell me! i have been doing wc everday day already and make sure all variables are stable.

ForumRunner_20120905_010138.jpg

ForumRunner_20120905_010201.jpg

ForumRunner_20120905_010148.jpg

The white spots form a curve right. Looks like the lateraline. Try offer him garlic or mysis shrimp.

Sorry I don't have info, but look up hole in the head disease. It can be known for discus.

bettaowner said:
The white spots form a curve right. Looks like the lateraline. Try offer him garlic or mysis shrimp.

there are tiny holes on the head forgot to mentioned.

Do i smash the garlic, squeeze the juice out and dip the foods in?

He looks very dark. Try doing daily water changes of 30%. If the fish is still eating angel foods have some nice medicated food for hexamita ( the holes he has).

Back
Top Bottom