Disease or bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would dose with the Fungus Clear tablets 3 times with a partial water change inbetween treatments, make sure you drop the temp as this will slow down the spread of the infection.

The parasitic medication in all honestly will be a waste of money and will not effect a gram negative infection.

Last edited:
Man this is a tough thread to read. I feel for you bro!! Hoping and praying you get through this. I know you loved your tank and all that occupied it.

Again best of luck getting through this.

Tonight was the first dosing. Holy green water!!! I was gone since Christmas night for work so when I walked in today I was greeted with 7 dead fish. The rest of my red zebras and a few others. QT has a peacock that seams to be pulling through. A newly infected chailosi was laying on the bottom but a couple hours after treatment was at least in the middle column of the tank.

What's really driving me nuts is I knew it was a bacteria. Tell tale signs with the cotton growth and rotting fins but I was convinced by a so called freshwater medication expert at a well known lfs that it was a parasite. Sucks but oh well, at least now I have a cabinet full of medications for each circumstance. Now I need to kick this issue and then start looking for what to replenish the stock with. This time the QT will still be running.

Thanks Dino, how have your tanks been by the way.

My tanks are doing awesome. But I feel bad talking about my tanks. I know how much those fish mean to you and I know how proud you are of your tank an everything about it!

I love that tank!! I'm sorry to hear about more losses. I keep hoping you'll pull through this. I hope this is the end and the beginning of healing.

I'll be following along brother and again best of luck man. This flat out sucks :(

Medication has not made a significant impact yet. Lost another 7 this weekend after I scooped out 3 this morning. I was really hoping to bounce back from this by rearing fry but my two top producing females went today. This sucks.

Medication has not made a significant impact yet. Lost another 7 this weekend after I scooped out 3 this morning. I was really hoping to bounce back from this by rearing fry but my two top producing females went today. This sucks.

Oh man! Sorry about this. This really does suck! I feel your pain bro. How many left? Are anymore "showing"?

There's 4 in the tank now showing. I'm debating doing a saltwater dip.

I think the tank is around 35 total fish now. Hard to tell with the smaller juveniles I've raised.

In the past few days I've lost a Kenyi, ob zebra, and a couple more chailosi. Right now I have a chailosi and cobalt blue zebra showing and they're in the QT. I noticed today an ob zebra with a cloudy eye. I'm probably going to move him into QT today as well. All others are eagerly eating. Hopefully the end of this is near. Still keeping up with the fungus clear and I'm doing the third dose tomorrow. I would have done it tonight but the garden hose froze outside cause I forgot to disconnect it last time.

In the past few days I've lost a Kenyi, ob zebra, and a couple more chailosi. Right now I have a chailosi and cobalt blue zebra showing and they're in the QT. I noticed today an ob zebra with a cloudy eye. I'm probably going to move him into QT today as well. All others are eagerly eating. Hopefully the end of this is near. Still keeping up with the fungus clear and I'm doing the third dose tomorrow. I would have done it tonight but the garden hose froze outside cause I forgot to disconnect it last time.

Man! I hope this is the last, soon after you can rebuild your stock.

I'm with ya bro!

Another 90% pwc tonight done. Main tank is looking good. And QT is coming around. Watched the chailosi shake off most of the fungus on her face and seems to be healing. The cobalt blue zebra appears to be healing also. Good signs!

Glad to hear that thing are geting better. Hopefully this is the end of your tank appocolypse! Good luck with it man, best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom