Distill water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my Betta fish for 12 weeks now and kept him in a fish bowl that holds a gallon and a half. I've been using distill water since I first got it. My 2 gallon is arriving soon and thinking of putting him in it. My question is, is it still a good idea to use distill water? What you guys think?

I would not use straight distilled water. Start doing small water changes with dechlorinated tap water. Also he needs a heater and a filter...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And try to get a 5 gallon with a plant and a hideout if you want him to be happy...

Straight distilled is too pure. I also advise, slowly using more tap water with Prime.

My last boy in his 10g palaceView attachment 260808

Lovely Betta. And I think I am going to cycle my tank and add him once it's cycle. I am very attach to him and don't want to see him die.

Make sure to keep up on water changes on the bowl. I changed my bowls 2x weekly.

My Shrimp get part Distilled/part Tap.

Another thing he'd like would be Indian Almond Leaves. You can get them on here sometimes. I buy on the Planted Tank forum. Or Amazon or eBay.

You can use a piece if it's too big for your tank. This pic has a big IAL lying in front. My Shrimp and Otos love them too. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421079964.775063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom