Dither fish for my CPDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

User0042

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently (1 month ago) got 9 celestial pearl danios (CPDs) and love them, however they are REALY shy and swim for cover anytime anyone comes near the tank.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good dither fish for these guys that'll help them become less shy?

Other inhabitants:
4 Glass Catfish
3 Red Cherry Shrimp
3 Amano shrimp

Tank specs:
12 gallon tank
Med water flow rate
All water quality is good

Last edited:
Maybe more CPDs? I had a similar situation with my Ember Tetras. When I increased the school from 7 to 13, then suddenly they became much more brave and now they all swim out in the open.

I'd say they just need time. I only have 4 of them because they were the last that the store had left, and after a couple weeks of adjusting, they come up to the front of the tank begging for food every time I come near the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd say they just need time. I only have 4 of them because they were the last that the store had left, and after a couple weeks of adjusting, they come up to the front of the tank begging for food every time I come near the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Thanks. They are really shy. I think these were wild caught because they don't even take food when it falls down from the top. They hide and wait until there is no sign of threat then slowly come out to forage. I will wait and be patient.

Back
Top Bottom