Divided Betta Project (Progress Pics + Advice Welcome)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoxly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Decided to go for a 10 gallon 3 way divided Betta tank, planted, heated, filtered, with sand substrate.

3x Java Fern, got from Petco's gel plant section because all their other java fern was just terrible looking. I didn't realize the one on the right was kinda brown when I got it and some of the brown leaves were falling off when I pulled it out, hope it makes it =(

I'll post pics as it evolves ;)

Attachments

• 0611101919.jpg
    0611101919.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 0611101919a.jpg
    0611101919a.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 0613101558a.jpg
    0613101558a.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 95
i have seen a bunch of your vids =] have you paired any of them?

My vids? :eek:

I have only one betta atm, I did some scouting at petco (they have a HUGE collection of bettas, its insane the variety they have for a chain petstore) we'll see how tomorrow looks and I may divide the tank and get some more plantlife.

Thanks! I was surprised to find him at PetSmart since Petco is usually where the better nicer looking bettas are. I feel bad dividing the tank since he has so much room to zig zag down the length of the tank, but usually he stays on one of the side walls and flares at himself and then retreats to the nearest shrubbery. I don't think it will phase him much to have 3.3gallons to himself instead. I'll decide after I pair them up whether I want them to be able to see eachother or if I'll be getting a backdrop to put between them.

I have 2 divided betta tanks, and I had to put some plastic craft mesh in between them so they couldn't see eachother. Cheap and not all that noticable. :)

The Java fern should be up out of the sand. Its rhizome needs to be attached to a rock/driftwood out of the substrate or it will slowly die off.

Ty so much! I took 3 large seashells I have and attached them to that.. is that good? (They are natural from the sea, so I rinsed them for about a minute each)

Should work just fine. If the java ferns die off for whatever reason, shoot me a PM, and I'll hook you up with more java ferns and some other plants for the cost of shipping(10 bucks)

Yes, that's why you divide them, so they don't fight. After some time they will get used to seeing each other and might be able to co-exists without a divider. Notice that I said might. It can and has happened before, just rarely.

They're called Siamese fighting fish for a reason.

Last edited:
Yes, that's why you divide them, so they don't fight. After some time they will get used to seeing each other and might be able to co-exists without a divider. Notice that I said might. It can and has happened before, just rarely.

They're called Siamese fighting fish for a reason.

ok i guess. could just put them in three bowls

they shouldn't be in bowls. at least with a divided tank they have filtration and whatnot. I don't think they should even sell bowls for fish it's just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom