DIY CO2 issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought the equipment for a baking soda and citrus acid CO2 system for my tank but having some issues getting up to pressure.

I think it may because I went and bought two bottles of cheap dollar store cola to use and then found out that they are actual 2.5 liters apiece. Could the extra 1 liter of volume of the bottles be the issue?

Bought a couple normal 2 liter bottles and the issue has been resolved. Not sure if I waited longer for the pressure to build in the 2.5s would have worked, but had no issues with correct size bottles.

Bought a couple normal 2 liter bottles and the issue has been resolved. Not sure if I waited longer for the pressure to build in the 2.5s would have worked, but had no issues with correct size bottles.

I recently saw a video of a neat co2 set up in a fish store in LA or San Fran. The video was made by a fish store owner from the NW USA. It was not a bubbler/trickle set up. The store owner used small plastic water bottles with their bottoms cut off and attached to the inside wall of the tank. CO2 was inserted into the water bottles via a nozzle from a small tank.

The CO2 dissipates naturally into the water. the shop owner uses a styrofoam float as a visual check to see when the CO2 needs replenishing.

Looked cool but very DIY.

Back
Top Bottom