DIY live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksl1972

Aquarium Advice Regular
As anyone tried and or had success with making there own rock. I am currently trying to make it. Right now I am trying to get the rock salt out by soaking it. Hope it brings the PH down too. I tried the method found on YouTube. So far looks like it is working. Just wandering if anyone has had success.

I have done it. It can take several months to cure. Dissolving the salt should be the least of your worries.

I actually ditched mine after about 2 months of curing. You can make it cheap but you can also find great deals on craigslist and not have to worry about changing water for 2+ months and waiting all that time before you get rock in your tank. I found 75lbs of live rock on cl for $75.

It just didnt make sense and I will never do it again. A guy on here greenmaster I believe actually put some he made in the ocean for like a month or so and still had problems for a long time with it when he put it in his tank.

Thanks good to know. I made them awhile back just messing around. I don't have any patience. I will most likely ditch the effort.

I dont have any patience either! haha. Just go on CL and find some cheap rock. Or get base and then seed it. Good Luck!!!!!

It was just a project. I already have two reef tanks going. I have live rock already in one of my sumps running I will use it. I am replacing it with bio balls I got from BRS. It us suppose the have more surface area.

Back
Top Bottom