Diy tank AND sump!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep. i was going to do a thirty but my parents wouldnt let me put it behind the stand.

i put in the 3 baffles and put water in it. no leaks! once i get my pump and i replace the support beam in my stand, ill be ready to get it running.

I wouldn't say double the volume. With the 20 l you will on average only keep around 10 gallons full so that if power runs out you have the space for pipes to drain.

ya your right. i was thinking about the 10 gallon i was going to do and figured id get less than 7 out of it.

i just drilled my tank stand to make it fit and now its in. i added 3 2x4s to stabilixe it because i took out the support beam and its looking great. no problems whatsoever. i have everything to get it up and running except for a pump and the plumbing for that pump. it will be a mag 5.

Solid choice for a pump those things are great! I have had one for awhile and hasn't failed me yet

phew, i was worried it wouldnt be a good choice. i like how it can be external also which means more room for stuff. are you using yours externally?

No I set mine right in the sump. I don't really have much room for external "stuff" my tank is right next to the enterance to my kitchen so it has to be up as tight to the wall as possible

oh gotcha. i dont think ill put mine externally either, its not like there will be anything else in the area with it or something.

Oh yeah I love that feeling that the work finally gets going but hate the anticipation

lol ya, i know. it will all be up and running soon which means no more microbubbles or heaters in the dt. ill probably keep adding too it. im worried that the pump section will evaporate to quickly and leave the mag running dry. i left a lot of space in there, i just hope its enough. i dont think i can fit an ato because i went with the 20 instead of 10.

I have a really small ato float and valve that hooks on the back of my sump and I just tapped into the output line on my ro\di and went under the floor and came back up behind my tank so all that's behind it is my tank. If you want the info on the ato float and valve let me know I can find it for you

thanks, but my rodi is in the garage next to my water changing station. ill probably end up adding a reservoir somewhere. i just need to find room.

needmorecowbell said:
thanks, but my rodi is in the garage next to my water changing station. ill probably end up adding a reservoir somewhere. i just need to find room.

Basement? Maybe through the cieling and put a pump on it to get some pressure

That would be awesome and so easy to do! Way easier than lugging buckets around to top off. I even made a little pump system to change out my water for $20 a cheap garden hose, a pump that hooks up to a drill and one of those lint traps for a washer on the end so it doesn't suck up any of my fish. I just put the drain end in the fresh water when I'm done and reverse the drill. 5 min water change

That would be awesome and so easy to do! Way easier than lugging buckets around to top off. I even made a little pump system to change out my water for $20 a cheap garden hose, a pump that hooks up to a drill and one of those lint traps for a washer on the end so it doesn't suck up any of my fish. I just put the drain end in the fresh water when I'm done and reverse the drill. 5 min water change

I was just wondering how I could fill my 75 with 40 sump the first time. Not wondering anymore! That is a great idea!

Yeah its super easy. My wife just got sick of the saltwater on the carpet. So that means I had to come up with something and that was it. Give it a shot it will take like 5 min to put together

Back
Top Bottom