Do I dare... get a dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
callisto9 said:
I'm taking any and all suggestions at this point. Why 6 mos. on neon tetras?

My tank has only been up and running for 2 months, but I started with the neon tetras to cycle.. I have not had a single problem with any of the tetras. I'm currently up to 12 neon tetras, 6 black neon tetras and a pleco.. I cant say that waiting 6 months is wrong, but I can say it hasnt applied to me. Maybe because I'm always on top of my wc's and never let ammonia or nitrItes get high.. Who knows... But either way neons rock!!

What a gorgeous gourami!! I have the same one, I've had him for over a year with no problems at all, but I do live in the UK. Mine is nowhere near as bright as yours though :(

Thank you. He looked kinda dull in the store, but he's gorgeous at home. :) He's my fave fish!

I have three dgs in a 20 long and they bred within a week of putting them in their. And the tank had just finished cycling. Now they never stop breeding!

Just one here, so no breeding. :)

I just bought a large Golden Gouramis male to go with my three female Golden's. They all seem pretty happy in my 25 gallon tank. I love their red eyes!

I wish I could have a tank full of them!

Anyone have recommendations for when to add the gourami? It's been a week and I'm waiting at least another week...but how long after that will I be safe to add him if all looks well?

Gourami (named Juicy Fruit) added last week and he's doing well!

Attachments

• dwarf gourami - juicy fruit (13).jpg
    dwarf gourami - juicy fruit (13).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 60
I remember my Dwarf gourmie was so placid was sad when I had to rehome due toother fish picking on him

Back
Top Bottom