Do i have everything to start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm gonna be doing some shopping so I can get everything necessary to set up my tank and start cycling. I have tank,hood,stand,filter and heater. I'm going to get substrate (not sure what yet), API freshwater master test kit, pure ammonia, thermometer and seachem prime. Is there anything I'm forgetting? I'm not gonna need a gravel vac yet....right? Getting nervous about cycling so I feel like I'm forgetting. Thanks for the help :)

I think you nailed it all! Id get the gravel ac while you're out, but thats just me. I get nervous about cycling too, but it's not very hard at all. What Size tank is this and what are you planning on doing.

Thanks George! Its a 29 and I'm planning a community tank. Not sure what I'm gonna stock with though. I like several different tetra and rasbora. Definately want to do some Cory cats and in the future some RCS. I did see some betta that I like but I never planned on one of those..lol

Looks good!!! Good luck with your new tank & dont be nervous! If you have any questions about anything at all, just ask! :)

about the bettas make sure your fish dont look like bettas or they will kill them and only have 1 i have 1 in a 14 gallon and its female and she is doing fine just making sure u knew that risk

Thanks drew! I've really been debating about one...just don't know :( I will for sure only have one and it would be with tetra if anything. Thanks for the input, always appreciated:)

Back
Top Bottom