Do i need 3 green chromis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys i have a 14g biocube set up for a nano reef. My cycle just finished so I decided to test out the waters with a green chromis and a peppermint shrimp. I drip acclimated them for 1 hour and they see to be fine, but I was wondering if he will be fine solo? I have very limited space obviously so I was hoping to not have to get 3... Do you guys think I should suck it up and just get 3? I was thinking of a final stock would be

1 Purple firefih
1 Green chromis
1 Goby
1 peppermint shrimp
(Couple snails)
And soft corals

Here is a pic of the tank...
(I know it's still a little soon to add the livestock but I really wanted to try it out )
20 lbs of live sand
20 lbs of live rock

image-1857223410.jpg

Hey guys i have a 14g biocube set up for a nano reef. My cycle just finished so I decided to test out the waters with a green chromis and a peppermint shrimp. I drip acclimated them for 1 hour and they see to be fine, but I was wondering if he will be fine solo? I have very limited space obviously so I was hoping to not have to get 3... Do you guys think I should suck it up and just get 3? I was thinking of a final stock would be

1 Purple firefih
1 Green chromis
1 Goby
1 peppermint shrimp
(Couple snails)
And soft corals

Here is a pic of the tank...
(I know it's still a little soon to add the livestock but I really wanted to try it out )
20 lbs of live sand
20 lbs of live rock

Whats the dimensions of your tank? Depending on your water surface to air you dont want to over stock your cube, 3 fish should be fine for your size tank but not 6. Shrimps produce a small bioload rather than fish so id throw a cleaner shrimp in there just for fun. I buy all my fish in pairs just so they can be happy. My very first nano i had a school of green blue chromis. Very cool to watch

Back
Top Bottom