Do Neon Tetras fin nip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! :)

I have received mixed answers on that subject. Do Neons fin nip? I currently have 6 male Guppies and 4 Julii Cories in my 20 gallon tank. I plan on adding 6 or 7 Neon Tetra, but I want to be sure that they won't fin nip my Guppies.

So, do they?
Thanks so much!

P.S I do not wish to have Cardinal Tetras. (Tons of people suggest that to me whenever I mention Neons, lol)

No i do not believe that they nip they are a very peaceful speices but you never know all fish have personalities but if i had to put my money on it it would be no

I finally got my Neons Today

I just got home from Petsmart with 7 Neons. Right now their just acclimating to the tank. (still in the bag) The guppies went crazy at first but have lost interest now. I'm hoping for the best!
Thanks guys for the input.

P.S- Are Neons supposed to be really active? In the bag they are pretty much stationary right now. Just in case, I plan on acclimating them for 30-40 minutes instead of my usual 20. They are just completely standing still... barely moving at all... hopefully that isn't a bad sign. (When I got my Guppies they were going crazy in the bag)

Hopefully nothing is wrong with them! :(

EDIT: Maybe I'm just over worrying, because the Neons seem to be more active now. It was probably just an adjusting thing. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom