Do tetra make good fish food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
I feed my 7 tiger barbs a mixture of tetra pro (the green one) tetra prima granuals and tetra something I think it's the flakes

I've been using Tetra flakes for years. I vary the diet of my fish so that is not the only thing they are fed but that is their staple. Everyone grows and haven't had any issues.

I use tetra and I like their food. My fish grow pretty good with it. I like omega one also ^_^

Iv noticed since I stopped using tetra min and started to use tetra prima mini granules more, my baby barb has grown so fast!
So there a good brand but there is better out there?

i bought tetra pro colour today, hope it works good for my fish

Try spectrum granules a little pricey but a top notch product my fish love it I also use omega 1 but I have noticed the spectrum gives my fish alot of vivid colors and they go after it veraciously they dont go after the omega 1 this way

If I can get my hands on it I'll try it :) thanks for the recommendation

I'm only 15 so my mum drives me to fish places and she doesn't like to drive far. I know one place where they may order some food, omega 1 gets a lot of attention I think I'll give that a try :)

Banana mouse said:
I feed my 7 tiger barbs a mixture of tetra pro (the green one) tetra prima granuals and tetra something I think it's the flakes

There are some good brands in the UK too. Believe it or not Pets at Homes branded foods are good for protein and fat content. Also cheaper than big brands. Look for the 'i love fish' range. I like to feed a diverse range and get good results with Aquarian and Hikari products. My fish dont like the King British brand though.

Okay I'll look out for them too. That's quite surprising I thought pet smart wasn't a good place for fish food lol

Banana mouse said:
Okay I'll look out for them too. That's quite surprising I thought pet smart wasn't a good place for fish food lol

Neither did i but after reading a book on feeding fish and other research, Pets at Homes food content look quite good.

Whichever brand you decide to try just remember to vary your fishes diet and supliment feedings with live or frozen bloodworms for example " with tiger barbs"
Although with NLS foods no supliments or second foods are necessary imo :)

Thank you. I do I try my best to change there food everyday. Granules, flakes but I personly don't like them there too messy, dried food. Almost every kind of food

Back
Top Bottom