Does anyone have this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
image-3212347437.jpg

I've been thinking about purchasing one as an alarm clock and though it was a cool idea. I was thinking about putting just a betta in it, but I want to know if anyone has this first so I know if its a good product or if its cheap.

They sell them at pet smart and online :)

Please give me feedback on if you know how many gallons it is or if you think it's safe for a betta. THANKS ! :D

Wow that's really cool, but it is pretty small like 2-3 gallons.

You could probably put a betta in there if it has a filter.

Couldn't a betta work? On live aquaria, it says they only require one gallon.

They really do need more than that though. I would say no less than 2 gallons, but for them to really flourish, 3-5 gallons is best. With that tank you'd have to do a 100% water change every day and that's very stressful to a betta. Also, it's extremely hard to control water parameters in small tanks, unbelievably so in a 1 gallon. Even though live aquaria says that, you truly do need more. Here's my suggestion:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00324X5L2/ref=mw_dp_mpd?pd=1&qid=1360533446&sr=8-14

Or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007KKU8QE/ref=mw_dp_mpd?pd=1&qid=1360533563&sr=8-1

Both already come with lights and filters. All you'll need to but other than these tanks is the betta, Seachem prime water conditioner, a small heater, plants (real or silk, NO PLASTIC PLANTS), and gravel.

They can manage but it's not very nice. Usually you do not want to put a betta in less than 5 gallons.

Yeah I wouldn't do it just cause it says it. It would be much more happy in a 5 or even a 10 gallon with a good filter and heater. Nice aqua scaping and plants. This is just my opinion of course.

Yeah I wouldn't do it just cause it says it. It would be much more happy in a 5 or even a 10 gallon with a good filter and heater. Nice aqua scaping and plants. This is just my opinion of course.

I agree, they deserve move than one 1 or 2 gallons. I might have to pass on this cool gadget /:

If it has a filter and heater, you could do Amano shrimp or some Red Cherry Shrimp and some snails in a one gallon with plants and sand. Sure why not. Looks fun, but not fun for fish.

Having your phone next to water and all that stuff not my deal, just make sure you can return it if its not really what you want.

Watching the snails eat right before falling asleep is fun, I had my Betta in a 2.5G on a table next to the bedside and it was interesting watching them wrestle over the food.

If it has a filter and heater, you could do Amano shrimp or some Red Cherry Shrimp and some snails in a one gallon with plants and sand. Sure why not. Looks fun, but not fun for fish.

Having your phone next to water and all that stuff not my deal, just make sure you can return it if its not really what you want.

Watching the snails eat right before falling asleep is fun, I had my Betta in a 2.5G on a table next to the bedside and it was interesting watching them wrestle over the food.

It doesn't have a filter, but it has a water circulator so that the water keeps moving. It's the small metal thing that looks like a faucet. I could probably add a small heater to it :)

A betta would jump out btw with no cover and evaporation would be tough on you. With no filter or way to process waste from fish it would be perilous! 1 gal for Beta is dangerous for the fish.

You could add a little stick on clock to a 2.5 gallon bowfront and a suction cup pencil cup (sponge/bar soap holder for shower/tub)to the side of it if you just needed to have someplace for your pencils iphone not that close lol! Just a thought!

Back
Top Bottom