Does it normally take time for a co2 diffuser to start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so I got a ”nano co2 diffuser” from aquatic magic, came today, hooked it up to my diy system, and nothing, water just came through the stone part.. Does this normally happen? Do you have to wait a while for it to start?

Any help is great!
Thanks!

Well it started working now, not full blast, but still working. Now my question is do y'all's fill with water when you change the mix out? And it just takes a while for it to restart? Or what?

That's how my DIY system starts with a airstone. Do you have a check valve connected ?

Some diffusers only work past a certain pressure. Sometimes they just need time to come up to pressure. You might also have a leak preventing your system from coming up to pressure.

Is the diffuser diy co2 compatible?

Some diffusers only work past a certain pressure. Sometimes they just need time to come up to pressure. You might also have a leak preventing your system from coming up to pressure.

Is the diffuser diy co2 compatible?

This is True, I had a Glass one, but I Broke it :/ New one on the Way. But Ive Seen Someone Use a Chop Stick end, and Im Really Gettho and using the End of a Cotton Swab, w/ the cotton just at the End of the Tube. Works Great.

Anytime you take apart your system (remixing the bottle, attaching a different end, anything that opens up part of the system), the pressures that's been built up disperses. it's like opening a bottle of soda. Once you put everything back together, the pressure has to build back up.

Another question: should it matter where you place it? I have it right next to wisteria and after a couple weeks having it there brown algae started appearing. Does our need to not be right next to a plant? I didn't think it would matter.

Your best bet is to place it somewhere with good circulation so that the bubbles get fully dissolved. The co2 will dissolve in the water and go where the flow takes it from there.

aqua_chem said:
Your best bet is to place it somewhere with good circulation so that the bubbles get fully dissolved. The co2 will dissolve in the water and go where the flow takes it from there.

Okay, but placement shouldn't have caused algae right?

No, placement would have nothing to do with algae. You might try raising it up a little as well. The lower it is in the tank, the more pressure it'll need. The higher up, the less pressure. But... it's a catch 22, since the lower it is, the more co2 is diffused.

aqua_chem said:

Can it be right under a power head?

Thats fairly ideal. The powerhead will either help distribute he co2 or the impeller will further chop up the bubbles, increasing their absorbance, and then help distribute he gasses.

Back
Top Bottom