Dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome! I might not know much about fish, but I no dogs upside-down and backwards! And last thing, search for local breed rescues, such as poodle rescues, and check out lab rescues too. They usually have a few labrodoodles. That way you can still be rescuing, but there's a whole lot less sneezing! And post some pics when you get it!

Also, don't just limit to the shelter. Look for rescue groups that are home based or foster homes, whatever the term might be. This way you can usually get a better feel for the dogs personality as well. The foster parents can tell you more about the temperament and silly quirks and likes etc. Craigslist is another place. I know there have been lots of labradoodles and goldendoodles listed.

This is my buddy just got past the two tear mark lol 185 pounds of gentle giant. His name is clutch he is a funny dog watches my fish all the time just sits there and watches lol

Attachments

• image-435358004.jpg
    image-435358004.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3945772645.jpg
    image-3945772645.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 100
Carson24 said:
This is my buddy just got past the two tear mark lol 185 pounds of gentle giant. His name is clutch he is a funny dog watches my fish all the time just sits there and watches lol

Hey!!! We have that same super comfy couch!!! The dogs take the back pillow down ti watch the tank in the living room :) they and the cats use all the ranks as entertainment . The pup licks the glass and looks n whimpers and the fish come see her...:)

that's a big pup! have you had any problems with hips or knees? we had to have both ACL's done on rocco. 5 grand a knee....

Lol that's sweet about the couch haha and no mr x haven't had any problems with any joints yet bc he is only two but we give him the stuff every once in a while to strengthen joints. But he doesn't move very fast lol so hopefully never have that problem. I tore my LCL my senior year the game before Playoffs started and didn't want to go to dr cause he would say I can't play well first playoff game there goes the rest of them ACL LCL MCL all completely tore stupid but I would do it over to play that game again lol.

I love my **** hounds too! Dozer (xlrg white blob) is a 4yr old male Argentino Dogo. Mini (sm brindle lump) is a 3yr old gal of unknown origins. I call her my wild orchard pup...found her abandoned when she was maybe 3 wks old & her whole body would fit in Dozers mouth.

Attachments

• image-2021879520.jpg
    image-2021879520.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1315823049.jpg
    image-1315823049.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 95
Dogos are cool....I've loved both of mine. Gotta admit, it would be nice to hear "is that a dogo?". I usually hear " wow! Thats a HUGE pit!". LOL.

Ahhhh... The plight of rare dog owners. lol. It doesnt bother me ad much as it did when i got my first dogo 7yrs ago. Now when I notice people looking hard...i just smile & tell them he's not the breed I'm betting theyre thinking. Every once in awhile i get an obnoxious one who will insist hes part pit.....i just smile and list off the 10 breeds used to make him and refer them to DACA.org if they choose not to believe me.....lol. I teased my hubby once that I should carry his papers with me, but he said theyd just accuse me of having fake papers (Hardly anyone knows what FCI papers are). If its not AKC it cant posdibly be real....lol.

you need to say to them...umm..no, he's not part pit, but i'm sure the large pitbulls you see aren't all pit!
it would be easy to tell them apart if people actually took care to keep the breed intact. now pitbulls are 75 pounds and not quite as athletic.

Wheaton Terriers are shed free too I believe, and they have rescue groups. They kind of look like big Yorkies to me. :)

Here are my babies, Bella and Koal. Bella is a Blue Heeler, and Koal is a Blue Heeler/Border Collie.

Attachments

• bella.jpg
    bella.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 65
  • koal2.jpg
    koal2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 96
  • bella2.jpg
    bella2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 84
  • koal4.jpg
    koal4.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 71
Your babies are beautiful! My hubby wishes Id like cheaper pets!!! Lol. He calls my tanks money pits.....lol. And of course having a dog that cost more than you pay for a sm used car can be a bit nutty too...lol

Thanks! :D Koal is a bad dog! LOL. Bella is pretty nutty, and I am sure she has doggie A.D.D...
I only paid $75 for them, but that's not including food, vet bills, etc.
My husband doesn't like the fish either. :(

Ya, our cost 90$ a month to feed. Baxter can't have any grains, or chicken, so we feed taste if the wild. We figured may as well just put both on it. I'm sure as Dakota gets bigger she will eat more.... Bax was adopted thru a rescue and I found Dakota along a busy road with her brother ( rip :-( ) no one claimed her but SHE claimed us! They are so entertaining... My fiance is a cat guy... But he now admits he wouldn't trade our pups for anything!!!! And all the fish tanks, well expensive "TV" for all the animals!!!

Attachments

• image-589769513.jpg
    image-589769513.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Beautiful dogs, everyone! (y)

I wish I could participate in this thread someday. We lost our beautiful Brittany Spaniel to heart disease around this time last year. Ever since then, my husband refuses to even consider getting another dog any time soon, (especially a Beagle... which is what I've always wanted since I was a kid). It hurt us to put our li'l girl down, but she was suffering pretty bad towards the end. It just doesn't feel right not having a dog in our lives. :(

Be sure to cherish your dogs and give them hugs every single day because you never know when your friend(s) will leave your side. RIP Jessie

img_1204319_0_90e106f1143af85b97668f3210af7235.jpg
img_1204319_1_8baf4ad832fcf1773d3d99ffc973e2cf.jpg
img_1204319_2_0ffb6a38848b5b4712938c33539f9cff.jpg
img_1204319_3_559a8d780c87fd901c1d7bba9993f24a.jpg
img_1204319_4_6aad01bd7b5934db27be17d8893550aa.jpg
img_1204319_5_460bf3dfd413320b9ca0d9e6c62fb09c.jpg
img_1204319_6_529161e705cc66e405a653647caa197c.jpg
img_1204319_7_7bee7a5d73dd0286e6ff3f2ff37ee53b.jpg

I thought maybe the last picture kinda needs explaining... when you are training a dog to attack don't wrap the leash around your hand... my wife's broken ring finger.

Back
Top Bottom