Dont know what kind of shark i bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least the Youtube person upgraded his tank to a 400 gallon. That is a 200 gallon tank as well according the owner of the sharks.

While I can agree that so called experts can be wrong, I do believe if the person is responsible they wouldn't keep sharks at all. All fish shouldn't be kept in a small environment yet we do it anyway.

I wouldn't keep sharks unless I have a 500G tank, just because I believe they need a lot of space to swim.

I have a brown banded bamboo in an 800 gallon tank.

I know that he will outgrow the tank eventually. He is currently 22" long.

my daughter has become quite find of him, so I will probably build another larger tank in my basement. Depth isn't that important for sharks, mainly foot print to give them enough swimming room.

I looked into the bonnetheads and leopard sharks before I decided on the bamboo, cool sharks but need a huge tank( thousands of gallons minimum).

My lfs has a blacktip reef shark ( 3 ft or so ) in a 650 rectangle , it's in humane and cruel. The pectoral fins are bent and raw from rubbing on the glass. Idiots!

audifusion said:
I have a brown banded bamboo in an 800 gallon tank.

I know that he will outgrow the tank eventually. He is currently 22" long.

my daughter has become quite find of him, so I will probably build another larger tank in my basement. Depth isn't that important for sharks, mainly foot print to give them enough swimming room.

I looked into the bonnetheads and leopard sharks before I decided on the bamboo, cool sharks but need a huge tank( thousands of gallons minimum).

My lfs has a blacktip reef shark ( 3 ft or so ) in a 650 rectangle , it's in humane and cruel. The pectoral fins are bent and raw from rubbing on the glass. Idiots!

Whaaat the heck. You should buy him and donate him to a local aquarium. (Probably easier said than done)

Back
Top Bottom