dont know whats wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabbyg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i started a fish tank. well i put my fish in a bigger fish tank plus added some fish..they have been fine for the last few days but today they are up at the top of the tank. i tested for the ammonia levels and they came out normal...im not sure what to do at this point. plus the water is a lil cloudy

First we need tank stocking and size. Also did you cycle your tank? Also what are your parameters for nitrite and nitrate and ph?

i just put up in my information. but i have a 29 gallon. yes i cycled. and i have a fancy gold fish, 4 skirt tetra(just put the 4th in cause one of them was picking on my goldfish that is what the lady suggested) 2danios, and 3 guppys

gabbyg said:
i just put up in my information. but i have a 29 gallon. yes i cycled. and i have a fancy gold fish, 4 skirt tetra(just put the 4th in cause one of them was picking on my goldfish that is what the lady suggested) 2danios, and 3 guppys

Do you have any nitrite nitrate or ph readings? Also what is your filtration. Do you have any bubblers or airstones or anything that provides oxygen?

i have a cylindar filter on it right now not sure the name of it...and readings i do not. and i have a bubbler in there right now

i only have the amonia test as of right now cause that is normally what i have issues with when they were in my other tank

I would get an API freshwater master test kit ASAP. How recently have you done a water change? I would I do one right now. Have you introduced anything recently?

I would get an API freshwater master test kit ASAP. How recently have you done a water change? I would I do one right now. Have you introduced anything recently?

+1. Nitrite is as deadly to fish, if not more so, than ammonia. I would do a water change right now and get the kit very soon.

I did a small one earlier. I just went and got my water tested. ammonia is 1.0 nitrite is 1.0 nitrate is 20 ph is 7.8 alkalinity is 100 hardness is 150 chlorine is 0. and I just added the guppies and tetras

Keep doing 50% water changes until your ammonia and nitrite are less than .25. So thats 3 50% water changes back to back to back.

If your tank is cycled then ammonia and nitrite should be zero. It's probably cycling again because the new fish had too much bioload all at once. More water changes are the way to go. Just match the temp and declorinate it. Also I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you shouldnt keep goldfish with tropical fish.

M1k3y_gumi said:
If your tank is cycled then ammonia and nitrite should be zero. It's probably cycling again because the new fish had too much bioloa all at once. More water changes are the way to go. Just match the temp and declorinate it. Also I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you shouldnt keep goldfish with tropical fish.

+1 goldfish like colder water

I haven't had an issue with the gold fish with 3 of my tropical fish that has been with him for over a year

My goldfish ended up dieing this morning I did a 50% water change the others were doing fine all day but still.they go to the top alot more

Back
Top Bottom