Dosing troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well...I planned on beginning dosing today, however, due to my job, I will be out of town off and on throughout the next few weeks. This does cause some troubles. This kind of means I won't be able to dose at all, unless there is an alternative to EI. My CO2 shouldbe setup soon...

Thanks,

Mike

there's the problem though...holding off could be the entire summer. Its a different job in another department of my current employer. I either attempt to find a strategy of dosing to use that will work with me being out of town occasionally or ditch my lighting and plants. I first got the 65w cf light so i could get medium light plants, then i got the plants, then algae came, then i ordered things for ferts and got the stuff to setup co2, now i'm in quite a predicament. How little lighting would I have to use to be able to keep the plants I have, but ditch the algae?

I'd look into automated dosing solutions. There are several options out there that might fit your needs. I've seen several DIY solutions, including setting up drip dosing using an IV drip to using at shringe and light timer to deliver set dose once a day.

Do you live with or know anyone who can dose for you? When I am going to be out of town, I make a macro mix and leave instructions with my wife. If we are both gone I leave them with a friend. Pretty simple - like dump cup 1 in on Monday, cup 2 in on Tuesday, etc...

Automated dosing pumps are another idea - something I will be doing in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom