Double-bright LEDs....after 2 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahelmes71

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is another annual update of the growth my tank has experienced using the Marineland Double-bright LED fixture. I'm sure there's even better LED technology available now, but as far as I'm concerned, these work fine for growing easy to moderate level plants.

This tank contains Amazon sword, Java fern and windelov java ferns, crypt, a water lily, anubias nana and anubias coffeefolia, and some kind of melon sword. All are doing reasonably well, and I've had to removed several ounces of foliage over the past year due to overgrowth.

This is with the fixture on about 9 hours a day and occasional Flourish and Flouish Excel supplementation.

Best regards,
Andy

Attachments

• tank 1-29-12.jpg
    tank 1-29-12.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 108
  • tank 1-19-13.jpg
    tank 1-19-13.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 104
  • tank 12-29-13.jpg
    tank 12-29-13.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 103
Here is another annual update of the growth my tank has experienced using the Marineland Double-bright LED fixture. I'm sure there's even better LED technology available now, but as far as I'm concerned, these work fine for growing easy to moderate level plants.

This tank contains Amazon sword, Java fern and windelov java ferns, crypt, a water lily, anubias nana and anubias coffeefolia, and some kind of melon sword. All are doing reasonably well, and I've had to removed several ounces of foliage over the past year due to overgrowth.

This is with the fixture on about 9 hours a day and occasional Flourish and Flouish Excel supplementation.

Best regards,
Andy

Beautiful Tanks! Very natural looking.

Back
Top Bottom