Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are good hiders. Lost one for about a week. Thought he was gone for sure, then he just came out and started to feed one day.

I found it. It's living in a rock. :)
The ones I kept before started out small like this one, but so was the rest of the tank. I don't recall the behavior at this size, but i remember later on, digging and making caves. Since I saw no caves, I assumed he became a fish taco.

Last edited:
is there enough sand in your 300 now for a engineer to burrow? in some of your pics it seems that you only have about an inch in some spot, unless you finally rinsed off the sand from the 265

I did rinse and add another 20 pounds or so recently, but I still need to sort out the rest of that sand from the 265. In some places there are concentrations of sand that are 3" deep, but barely an inch in other places.

Well, the engineer goby has disappeared along with the algae blennie, as feared.:bawl:

I bought another engineer for my lonely one thinking they would be friends, man was u wrong!!! didn't see him for 2 months till I moved the rock around and saw him, your little guy is there somewhere!

i don't think i'd ever buy another sifting or burrowing goby. my tanks from here on out i want to go with deep sand beds for filtration and over all tank health and these gobies will just ruin the DSB by killing or eatign all the faurna that lives in it

Mine both made matching dens amongst rocks. Only the burrow entrance gets bulldozed out regularly, they leave the rest of my sandbed alone. They have burrows within inches of each other, but hate the sight of each other.

Mine both made matching dens amongst rocks. Only the burrow entrance gets bulldozed out regularly, they leave the rest of my sandbed alone. They have burrows within inches of each other, but hate the sight of each other.

That's crazy I thought they were better off in groups so I got another,,,, never to be seen but I know he's there somewhere?? As the sand bed goes he's good just like yours!! Stays in his den and minds his own business, very cute

Mine were suppose to be a mated pair, they outgrew their childhood home and ended up with me. They act like a divorced couple that can't stand living very far away from each other.

I know you successfully grow clams. I have a 4" squamosa that isn't looking happy, he has lost color and isn't putting its mantle out all the way. His mouth is still okay and not gaping. I try to feed a bit of reef chili as its in my frag tank. PAR is about 350-400 where it sits. Phosphate bounces from .1 to .04ppm. Very low nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom