Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a mystery that resurfaces about every 6 months. Some see this residue and some don't. I have also been thru hundreds of pounds of reef crystals and instant ocean before that. The IO did on occasion leave the type of residue described. I think it might be a bit of clay and inert. The RC has not left the residue for me, but many others have reported this residue. I don't think it has any negative effect other than needing to clean the make up barrel more often.

i've had it also it may only be an effect if it sits in a mixing bin for a while i tend to mix a batch and leave it for a few months with a powerhead moving things around and have noticed this crud on the surface if there is not much surface aggitation, when i put a bowl in to scope out a bit of water you can soemtimes see the stuff on it. but once its in the tank there really is no sign of it

Hey doug where can I get those led units u have ? For a 100gal tank

Ok...A friend of mine and fellow (NOOB) reefer was having problems with a few different acroporas. I was at his house and even though he's got the best of everything on his 60 gallon, including 1500 bucks in radions, a couple pieces didn't seem to do well. I said, have you dipped them? He said "yes, in coral RX, and nothing came off".
So I suggested he give them to me to see if I can bring them back since my stuff is doing well.
I immediately thought it was lighting. Maybe too much or something. I just snapped these pics and suddenly feel like I've made a giant mistake putting them in my back tank....
I left them full sized so you can swell them up to see the eggs......I'm thinking acropora eating flatworms.....
img_2544232_0_40cb7d8f3021cae4df19abb6fd4a6441.jpg

img_2544232_1_b5e9d6f7f4aea1058cda05d55a675285.jpg

Well, it seems as though this site doesn't allow the full image...so I'll enlarge the shot and crop the eggs...
img_2544241_0_a325c82c4c1eb46e69a1d23653a78218.jpg

img_2544241_1_d00431ced966a5296d331022778eede0.jpg

I just ordered that led fixture 120wat. How many gallons will this light provide for ?

Well, whats the next step Doug? Not your first rodeo with these guys.

Six Line and hopefully it will munch on some, doesn't seem like thre are to many
I tossed all the frags and am just going to observe things for now. I'm not adding anything that eats pods because I have a mandarin already.

I just ordered that led fixture 120wat. How many gallons will this light provide for ?
It depends on how you hang it, and the dimensions of your tank. What are you trying to light?

Well I have some sps and lps right under t-5s 4ft long..but I'm upgrading to a cube now that I have the new led lighting I want a cube mayb 24x24x24 or 30x30x30

You would probably be fine lighting either one with a single fixture. You would just have to hang it a bit higher for the 30" tank.

I had the 2, 120w dimmables from eBay and had them on 40% blue and 40% white and bleached 2 sps. Pink birdsnest is now less pink but I put it on the sandbed hope it makes it and my green birdsnest bleached completely. All other corals like the monti and lps zoas etc are great. So I lowered them to 30% 30% no cover hung 8" from the toP of my 55. The sps were half way up

Back
Top Bottom