dual stage temperature controller question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khookguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need a dual-stage (works a heater and chiller) temp controller that can handle my 3/4 HP aqua logic delta star chiller; plus about 1200 watts of heating. The controllers that I've been able to find are only rated to handle up to 1/2 HP chillers.

Does anybody know of any "industrial strength" controllers out there?

Thanks,

Mark

THE 3/4 didnt come with a controler ??? thats weird to me !!
mabe im wrong but would think that if ya had ya temp set at say 77 its not gonna get colder than that so why a heater ??? what am i missing ??

mabe im wrong but would think that if ya had ya temp set at say 77 its not gonna get colder than that so why a

If you have a chiller set to 77, it shouldn't get much warmer than 78, before it kicks on, it can easily get colder. The reason for a dual controller is to prevent the heater and chiller from running at the same time, thereby working against each other.

Aqualogic should make one. (858) 292-4773 is the number for aqua logic, call them and ask them what the model number is of the controller for you and where you might find one.

Back
Top Bottom