Duckling starting this at 3-4 weeks of age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He has some new tail and wing feathers and looks like his head is starting to get something very cool

Reef no it's not so hard to take care of I have taken advice and researched about him but having two would make him a very happy duckling. I have the benefit of a feed store a mile or two a way from me, that helps I ask for duck food and get what they tell me certainly is a learning experience every step of the way. Ps almost positive it's male but not for sure till I see some green feathers.

Let me retry that the duck is very cool I have always wanted a duck or goose. I'm not a good typer ?

It's ok it's alone because I'd never get a duck but my friend took from wild and he tried raising it and asked for help then short story short he passed and I have full custody now.

I compensate lonely with being around as much as I can a couple of hours a day sometimes my gentle cats I let them near but cautious cause duck is often mean to others.

Sorry to here about your friend but do you think the duck will migrate once it's mature because it's from the wild?

I heard the duck I have doesn't fly much so I am not positive but I don't think he would be able to fly far also he is used to central air at 75ish degrees so likely not well in heat

I've always heard that guinea are good watch dogs but aren't near as pretty

They are like 30$ but they need warmth so you buy bulk or I guess drive to them maybe get one or two and I'd set them in a box with a heating pad on the way back home raised indoors till bigger

If it's a sick from the wild, it can probably fly away if it wanted to. You could always cut the flight feathers to make it tough to fly.. Not sure how to do that.
Although Guineas stent as pretty, I heard that they are very comical. Peacocks are gorgeous! Expensive though and they do better in groups. I live in a small town that is almost village like and somebody has a trio of peacocks that risk the streets freely. They sleep in trees and make a noise that sounds like a cat is being run over. Lol

Back
Top Bottom