Dwarf cichlids help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luexiong2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How big can most of these cichlids grow? I have an empty 29 gallon and plan to raise dwarf cichlids, but I don't want to grow any plants so therefore are there any dwarf cichlids that don't need plant for hiding and food?

Your best bet is to get a pair of either German blue rams or Bolivian rams. They would be extremely happy in a 29 gallon. You could use fake plants if you don't want live. They do like caves if your going to attempt breeding. Try and get a pair that have paired up if you can. I had two Bolivians that would not pair up so if your lucky enough to spot a pair at your lfs then go for it. In my tank I had fake plants. Driftwood and a flower pot as a cave so they had lots of places to hide and break line of sight if they were chased or spooked

Hello and welcome to AA. :)

If you are interested in dwarf cichlids, look into the genera Pelvicachromis, Microgeophagus, Apistogramma, Laetacara, etc. Pairs or trios would work in a 29. They don't care if plants are real or fake as long as you have adequate cover.

Hello and welcome to AA. :)

If you are interested in dwarf cichlids, look into the genera Pelvicachromis, Microgeophagus, Apistogramma, Laetacara, etc. Pairs or trios would work in a 29. They don't care if plants are real or fake as long as you have adequate cover.

Thanks those look pretty good sorry I'm new to cichlids

Back
Top Bottom