Dwarf gourami and black neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neon10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I am new to tropical fish keeping and “thought” that my local pet shop would give me some advice. I have a 14G tank and 2 male dwarf gourami (the pet shop didn’t tell me it was a bad idea). One of them was bullying the other one so I tried to break it up by putting 6 x black neon tetras in with them. It’s calmed them down but the fish that was being bullied is still behaving strangely just floating around. I noticed that he had started to turn grey and now he’s building bubble nests all over the tank. Does this mean he is happy and I am just worrying over nothing or can they still build bubble nests even when they are stressed? Thank you

I would ask the pet store to take one back...
One DG in a 14g tank is more then enough..
DGs have a bad reputation and it is deservedly so...They are mean and many carry[yes already have ] or will end with DGI [ Dwarg Gourami Iridovirus ]..

I would ask the pet store to take one back...
One DG in a 14g tank is more then enough..
DGs have a bad reputation and it is deservedly so...They are mean and many carry[yes already have ] or will end with DGI [ Dwarg Gourami Iridovirus ]..

I’m considering getting a second tank... a bigger one and then have one in each tank. Can they be kept in a tank on their own?

They do best alone..
It is rare to find a female and form a pair as they lack enough color to put them in demand and the DGI issue IMO makes the Asian fish farms keep many females or they would have none.

Back
Top Bottom