Dwarf Gourami and plastic plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am slowly stocking my new (but cycled) 60g. My next purchase was going to be a DG however I see online it says you need a heavily planted tank. I only have fake plants. Is that a problem?

Also it says peat filtration recommended. How important is that?

FYI I have a 60g with just 7 fish right now - 4 tetras and 3 mollies. Currently another 4 tetras and 2 guppies in my QT tank (they are not sick - just newly purchased).

Thanks!

Gourami are shy, hence the heavy planting requirement. They don't care about the plants being edible, just that they're there to duck out of sight behind. So as long you have a lot of fake plants and hidey holes to serve as cover for the gourami to retreat to they should be fine. Fake lilly pads or other floating cover are especially appreciated.

Peat filtration is not required at all imo.

Gourami are shy, hence the heavy planting requirement. They don't care about the plants being edible, just that they're there to duck out of sight behind. So as long you have a lot of fake plants and hidey holes to serve as cover for the gourami to retreat to they should be fine. Fake lilly pads or other floating cover are especially appreciated.

Peat filtration is not required at all imo.

Oh ok thanks!! I had just assumed heavily planted meant real plants. Awesome, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom