Dwarf gourami looks like his upper lip is gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katiebug4lake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone....

Just curious why my gourami s upper lip looks like it is gone? He seems to eat fine. I have no signs of fin rot or anything else in my tank. Water is perfect via testing. I feed flake, freeze dried blood worms and brine shrimp as treats. Any ideas? Gravel substrate????

Do you have a pic by chance? Any other tankmates that could of done it?

I'll try and get a pic. Just have one small pleco, black skirt tetras and platys as tank mates.

Attachments

• image-500934232.jpg
    image-500934232.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 67
Tetras can nip..but I doubt they could do anything like that..is the area around the mouth look inflamed or anything?

I'm afraid to say but it looks like Columnaris, google some images and see if that fits. It needs to addressed quickly and the entire tank must be treated as the other fish have been exposed. The treatment is use Tetras Fungus Guard, followed by dropping the temps into the low 70's to slow the progression, and lastly dosed aquarium salt at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. Follow the directions and perform at least 3 rounds of treatment.

Last edited:
Bummer. Just looked on google. It is columnaris. So if I lower my temp and do water changes and add the salt it will kill the fungus?

Back
Top Bottom