dwarf gourami strange behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aa108

Aquarium Advice Regular
for about a week, the dwarf gourami has been swimming against the side of the aquarium going back and forth. when i try to feed it, it doesn't even see the food. I've never seen it do anything else except this. is there anything wrong with it?

I have it densely planted and the ammonia and nitrites are 0 and the nitrates is about 20.

10 gallons with 3 peppered cory cats and 6 neon tetras

Is it by the heater or the filter? Does it seem to have a good amount of circulating water where he/she swims?

there isn't a lot of flow in the tank. however, he spends most of his time swimming around the heater. I don't think the heater is the problem cause it is never on. when he isn't swimming there, he is swimming against the front glass.

Maybe you should put the heater on to around 80-81*F. Because gourami's are tropical fish. I am definitely not an aqua expert however.

IMO your gourami is fine. Gouramis have different personalities. You'd expect that cute little honey DG to just swim slowly and peacefully, meandering back and forth through your plants but NO, she just hides and then darts out of nowhere and then sees me and hides again! Your guys's behavior is what I'd consider "normal" for these guys, even though there is no definition for what their normal behavior could be. JMO.

bruinsbro1997 said:
IMO your gourami is fine. Gouramis have different personalities. You'd expect that cute little honey DG to just swim slowly and peacefully, meandering back and forth through your plants but NO, she just hides and then darts out of nowhere and then sees me and hides again! Your guys's behavior is what I'd consider "normal" for these guys, even though there is no definition for what their normal behavior could be. JMO.

I agree. If you see that there is nothing wrong with the water, or the stocked fish, or the tank in general. Then it must be his personality. :) happy fishing

Back
Top Bottom