Dwarf Grourami dieing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok when i first put the gourami in the bowl he would just lay down on its side without motion that was about one to two hours ago now he is upright on his own so he is doing much better. but again the bowl has no filter or airpump in it how long would he last like this without problems? should I put him back in the tank?

Yes, put him back in the tank, where there's filtration and air. He won't last long in the bowl if there's no heater or air bubbler.

actually i was wrong its not a 40% pwc it is a 25% should I do another one to make it 50%?

I just did another 25% water change and I put him back. by the way i do not have my heater in the tank cause I didnt think it need it since temp is always around 75d should I stick it in?

I would. That way at night if it falls a little below 75, the heater will keep the tank up. Then during the day, it will probably stay off longer.

And try to keep nitrates below 20. 40 is still considered safe by some, but if you keep below 20, your fish will be much happier. Then if you get plants, they will help with the nitrates.

i never seen my nitrates below 40 what can be the problem? should i get plants then?

filter ralphs water is:
ph 6.4-6.5
amm 0.25
nitrates 0-5.0

tap water:
ph 7.2-7.6
amm 0-0.10
nitrates 10-25

pet stores water:
ph 7.6
amm 0-25
nitrates 20

wolf will you be taking out the bio 400 from your 55 and leave only the xp3? i read alot of people have their canister with hob why is this? isnt the xp3 enough?

I installed my XP3 today. And leaving the Emperor 400 in. My reasoning is I'm eventually going to add another tank, and would like a fully cycled filter on it. It will probably be the XP3 that goes to the planted tank. Looking at another cheap 55G from Walmart for this, as I'm wanting to save for my big tank, which, depending on how much I can save, will be between 180G and 300G.

I may even get another XP3 and put it on this tank and move the cycled XP3 to the new tank. When I just had the Emperor on the one side of the tank, there was little to no circulation on the other, and everything would build up on that end. So that's another reason for 2 filters, circulation on both ends.

Back
Top Bottom