Dwarf hair grass help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have just obtained a clump of hair grass and want to know all about it! My tank is a 55 gal with DIY co2 and quad HO t5 216 watts. 6500k each bulb. Is this enough light to grow this plant? I add weekly ferts. Anything else I should do? I'm switching to pressurized co2 soon. How do I get a small carpet going. Is this enough to grow this plant? Thanks guys

That sounds like a pretty good setup for dwarf hairgrass. The lighting is perfect for it. Once you get the pressurized co2, the hairgrass will take off. Plant little clumps here and there to form the carpet.

Sent with my fingers

Yea that setup sounds fine. Maybe dry ferts if not already in use??

I hate my dhg it is everywhere in my tank and is so dense its unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am very interested in growing DHG. I read that they should be planted in tiny clumps (the size of a pen or pencil) spread 2 inches apart. I notice the OP planted large clumps. What are the pros and cons of this layout? Does it even matter?

On a related note where is the best place to buy DHG? Petsmart tissue cultured plants?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The more you divide it the faster it will carpet. Thats all

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does DHG benefit from root tabs? Or are their roots non absorbent like Anubias roots?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom