Dwarf hair grass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tony_540

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397367734.683954.jpg got this beautiful dwarf hair grass today! I will post pictures weekly, because like my self, I think people would like to see a progression, anyways if anyone has comments to help out/ compliments feel free to write :)

Mine lasted a month. I have eco complete substrate, stock lights (low). I dosed liquid co2, leaf zone, and even tried root tabs. Not a plant for a beginner with a low tech tank. Pulled it all out :(

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, liquid carbon supplements won't cut it. I've noticed it likes high co2, mine didn't start going crazy until I upped the co2. Even still, it's a slow growing plant.

Its so pretty though :tear: I never would have bought it. I was fibbed to, didn't do my own research. I hate killing things for that reason the most.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will the DIY co2 work? I don't really know how to do that but I've seen it and heard of it

I dont think your lighting is adequate. Im also not sure about diy co2. I dont think much on your liquid ferts either

All in all i will be very surprised if your DHG carpets at all

I don't really mind if It doesn't carpet I like the way it looks

I scattered it out but I didn't like it, also because algae started growing between it, so yesterday I decided to clean the tank and I bunched all of it up so that it looks like a nice little bush

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398376547.202474.jpg here it is, hasn't died I just got bored of it I guess so I just put it altogether and see how it does

I scattered it out but I didn't like it, also because algae started growing between it, so yesterday I decided to clean the tank and I bunched all of it up so that it looks like a nice little bush

What do you mean algae grew between it? Was the algae on the grass itself?

On the tip, well cuz I would wipe it off the front and it would get stuck, I would just like it to grow but also little strands of grass float up and it annoys me, and well I can't really buy anything else right now, idk if it will grow or if I should just separate it again

If there's algae beginning to grow on the DHG it's a sign it's not a healthy plant. All you can do is wait and see though as I think you'd be wasting your money buying anything other than top notch lighting

Yea I changed the light, it's still green and looks healthy just doesn't spread

So should I just leave it like that? How it's bunched up

Back
Top Bottom