Dwarf Puffer Ain't Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nils

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey my friends,

I recently bought an Indian Dwarf Puffer, Wednesday I think, and now he isn't eating:(:confused:. I tried frozen bloodworms, and my water parameter are all right. It is a micro tank, 2.5 gallons, and shares the space with a Mexican Dwarf Crayfish. My PH is at 7.0, my nitrites neutral and my nitrates are OK. I am getting a live worm culture tomorrow, but does anyone have any tips? BTW, it is a planted tank with tons and tons of Java Moss and driftwood. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,

Nils :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Puffers like more hard shelled food like small rolly pollys and small crayfish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks IslandBoy. I got about 500 live blackworms yesterday, and he shows some interest in those. He has been eating something, because every morning his belly is roundish. He hasn't eaten the crayfish, and I doubt he will. What should I do now?

Nils

I would say just wait it out and see what happens within the rest of the week

Those must be some happy puffers! It seems that he lets the black worms wriggle into the Java Moss, and then he goes up and he eats it. Are the puffers the only inhabitants of the 150?

Nils

I have two they do eat the blood worms it just takes a little bit of time!

Back
Top Bottom