dying plants? help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, just over a month ago i added some vals to my tank. They were tall, green, healthy mature plants and over the month they have slowly began to wither away and i don't know enough about plants to figure out why. I attached a picture to hopefully get some suggestions as to why I'm seeing such a decline in their health.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 64
Im using fluorite premium substrate, not dosing ferts - although i added some excel a few weeks ago but stopped as i heard vals reacted poorly to them-so i only added one dose. I also add a generic supplement that has a variety of supplements in it- i think its an api brand. Im not dosing co2, and i am using a t-5 39W HO single light ( i have a generic 20W light but i don't use it), my water temperature is 24C ( 75f ish). the tank is 33 gallons as well. let me know if there is anything else you need

so yes i did dose excel once..... but is this melting? to me it more looks like they are shrinking, and then chunks are just falling off( i just find them in the filter intake or floating on top). Im not sure, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

update: i added a diy co2 system in the last hour. Hopefully its producing my tonight or tomorrow morning. any other ideas?

If your doing c02 you'll probably need to do this for a few times before seeing results. maybe get some cheap root tabs and shove it near the Vals? what species of val is it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom