Easy Aquatic frogs or turtles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frogs, green tree frogs, pacaman frogs, or bull frogs
I like tortoises better, but a red eared slider or map turtles are great

Adfs are rlly easy to care for they live in water 100% of the time

Asian floating frogs are pretty easy. Aka spotted floating frog. Not expensive, need lots of floating plants and a raft or something, though they float nearly all the time. Small, cute, sometimes loud, eat crickets. You can have two or three in a five. Should be well planted, along with the floating plants, they get nervous in open spaces.

African side neck turtles are really easy to care for and do not get big like RES so they dont need a huge tank, I have mine in a 40g breeder tank and is perfect size for him and he is full grown at 6". They have a lot of personality and mine will crawl on my girlfriends stomach and fall asleep with his neck and legs all sprawled out

African side neck turtles are really easy to care for and do not get big like RES so they dont need a huge tank, I have mine in a 40g breeder tank and is perfect size for him and he is full grown at 6". They have a lot of personality and mine will crawl on my girlfriends stomach and fall asleep with his neck and legs all sprawled out
Actually, ASN turtles are similar in size to RES. They can top out at 9-10" which is similiar to a female slider (10-12"). But males always tend to be smaller as you have experienced.

Actually, ASN turtles are similar in size to RES. They can top out at 9-10" which is similiar to a female slider (10-12"). But males always tend to be smaller as you have experienced.

True which is why I like males more, ive also had 3 females and the biggest was 7" and about 5 year old but they do live to be over 50 so that is probably why

I would think frogs are WAY easier to keep than turtles, I do have turtles myself but haven't had a frog in a few years. Proper turtle supplies can get pretty pricey XP
As for the frogs they don't get as big If you want a smaller tank in your house you should go with frogs!
But if you want a large tank, beautiful turtles are still nice to care for~

I say fire bellied toads, adfs, pacman frogs are all easy amphibians to keep. Tree frogs, axolotls, etc.. Require a bit more care.

Back
Top Bottom