Easy fish to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, I'm looking for some easy to breed fish. Egg layers or livebearers are fine with me, and I already have guppies. I am going to be getting Endler's soon, what others should I get? (Preferably something that would do okay with a Betta or guppies) I would prefer something that had spawns constantly but I could love with up to 3 month intervals. Thanks

So your trying to breed all these species in one tank? issue right off the bat, if you buy endless they will hybridize with the guppies, which may not be a issue for you if you dont wanna sell them, etc. or it could be me loving my f0-1 fish.

My 2 cents worth...what will you do with all the offspring? Guppies alone breed once a month, say 30 fry each month from 1 female...at the end of a year you have 360 offspring from 1 fish.

What size tanks do you have? I breed kribs, jewel cichlids, apistos, RCS, CRS, yellow neos, GBR, guppies, endlers, and pumpkin orange shrimp, shellies. And some other fish.

I have a 10g and a 20g currently. More than easy I'm looking for something that spawns in very fast intervals. One more thing I'm looking for in these fish is that they have a very strong parental bond, and won't eat their fry. But if I cant find any that meet my expectations I will make do somehow :)

Kribensis for the 10 & convicts for the 20 both are very easy to breed and wint eat babys

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And will breed like rabbits

Convict cichlids in a 20 gallon? I know this is adult sized but they get up around 6"....... Not to mention they are cave breeders so they'll need lots of rocks and hiding spots. By the time you add that your looking at 15 gallons or less of swim able space...Plus they do breed like crazy so now you have all the fry in the tank. I wouldn't recommend breeding them in a 20 gallon. But that's my personal opinion.

I breed Cichlids for a living and sell them to the lfs I work at it will work I've breed convicts in ten gallon tanks before im currently breeding jagaurs in a 300

they will be fine in a 20 gallon as fry. They will have time to move/rehome them as they grow. I had so many convict fry I had them in my 20, 29 and both 10 gallons lol

Yeah the convict fry will be fine in 20 gallon but the fully grown adult parents?plus all the rocks? In my opinion it's just a little tight. And I own an aquarium company. I'm not saying that your wrong in my opinion it just seems real tight

Well if tour breeding it should only be a terracotta pot and that's it

In the tank the whole tank should be bare no decorations anything everything will be swimming space incept the terracotta pot but yeah let's just agree to disagree because I understand what you're saying about it being too over stocked and me saying it's possible

Fair enough. I didn't know the term terricotta pot, I usually just use a net pot from my hydro setups!

How do those work?

Same concept as a terricotta pot except for I have the hydro pots lying all over the place as I buy them in bulk.

We had Convicts breeding in a 10g at work. They'd just clear gravel and lay eggs. We had a central system, so major filtration.

We saved a few batches of fry.
Convicts breed very young if you let them.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom