eBay detrivore kit!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah i just got his email saying that he is ill and needs to spend the rest of the week in bed. What luck i have. Guess i will be waiting till next week.

I just looked in my QT/temp fuge tank and saw a bunch of critters scurrying around of the pieces of LR I put in there, some on the sand and more in the pod pile. He recomends putting the pod pile against the front glass so you can see them between the rubble. It's good advice :D

Ok i see the kit comes with 10 Bristleworms.I tought most people didnt want these or am i thinking of something else?

Thanks in advance Dewey

Ok i see the kit comes with 10 Bristleworms.I tought most people didnt want these or am i thinking of something else?

Common thought is that bristle worms are beneficial detrivores and got a bad rap several years ago.

I'll be getting mine next week. Shipping from Philly to DC (not far at all) $24.14. Bob should thank me since I was the first to post the link. :mrgreen:

yeah he should hook you up with something. I wonder how many kits hes sold to members from this forum.

I got an email from Bob, and although he is still very sick, help is on the way

... "If you could pass on the info the AA folks that I am not only very sick, but am making arrangement for my brother to come here next Monday and Tuesday and get these kits out to everyone. I would appreciate it very much.

I will work with you to have your package delivered any day you'd like it -- next week. Again, I'm sorry I couldn't do it this week. Believe me, I have worked very hard to take good care of people and this flu is ruining everything!"

sorry no $60 kits.It was a cleaner kit.:(Maybe I need to order mine also I didn't see anythere

I just looked at his e-bay listing and one thing cought my eye:

* Miniature Star - white - splits on its own. One soon becomes many, stays dime sized.
Kevin, why does this description remind me of the little coral eating stars you had a while back? can any of you folks that have already received these kits confirm/deny on the exact species of these little white quickly reproducing star fish?

Thanks!

There are a few differnet species that could be described that way, only one eats coral polyps. I would suspect if they were the coral eaters, he would know and at the very least not post it in his e-bay listing.

I did manage to get a couple of pics that should help you identify the star. I'll post them when I get home, time permitting.

Hey everyone, I got an email from Bob and it sounds like he's feeling better and is back in business.

"Please let the gang know, I'm FINALLY better and that the best thing ever invented is called "Zithromax" -- just 5 pills and I'm BACK!!!"

MrBill, Can Bob get us an exact species name for those small white starfish? Those of us with corals are concerned they may not be reef friendly.

Thanks!

(and thanks for the pic Cmor!)

Can Bob get us an exact species name for those small white starfish?

Doubtful, they are Asterina sp stars, there are several species only one is a coral predator. Tends to have a pretty mottled appearance.

Back
Top Bottom