eco complete question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you add t5ho you might need co2. I would try with just the LEDs and see how it goes.

I had the t5 ho for about a year and my plants were rather sad and the algae was very happy.

It was probably the fault of the marine bulb. Grab two of those 6700k bulbs (life glo) and you should be a-okay. Medium light definitely. Just lower the fixture to the very very bottom. I have the same 48watt fixture on my 20 gallon except mine is suspended via chain since the light is too strong.

Every 8 months to year and a half optimally. Most people I talk to keep them up for over 18 months without any noticeable difference.

Would you recommend running the light in an open top tank or not? I have heard that glass blocks lots of light

It doesn't really matter. The glass will only harm light penetration if it gets stained by water. The question is how to mount the brackets with a top on lol. I personally don't use a top on my tank even though I have the light fixture suspended above it.

I will have to see if the top of my tank is even big enough to have both of the lights run at the same time. If it is not big enough which fixture should i run?

I just checked and with both fixtures on the tank I have about 2 inches to get into the tank. Ger! that makes me mad

Back
Top Bottom