Ecoxotic stunner strips led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loach23

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm about to purchase 2 12w 24" stunner strips to add to my 29g reef tank. I have 4 t5 running right now on it I'm gonna add 1 445 royal blue 24" stunner and 8000k 24" stunner has anyone used these how are they and am I actually upgrading will I get a better par output and light output overall by adding them

No, I have a lot of experience and own both the old panoramas and stunners. The stunners are only for looks while everything I've put under my panoramas have flourished. And my tank is 24 inches deep and I do keep sps low towards the bottom and middle ( my rock is stacked about 10 inches from the top). I used to think everything was about par, but I don't anymore. LEDs are whole different ball game. I'm beginning to think it has to do with point source, like halides, just a bunch more. A while back many told me LEDs weren't for long term and won't be a viable light source, but one year later they show no signs of weakness (other than price). Also Ecoxotic has brand panorama pros, with higher wattage (1.5 watt opposed to old 1 watt). My only advice is when acclimating your creatures to the new panoramas, be sure to create ripples in the surface to keep from burning certain corals. I'm sure you'll like the natural look of LEDs way better as well. The stunners won't work for what you want, but two panoramas or panorama pros should do whatever you want. For around $210, you won't ever have to worry about over heating your tank, changing bulbs, and you'll save electricity as well. I'll never do any light source other LEDs again, and I love Ecoxotic brand the best. Stay away from marineland, trulumen and aquaray. Not good experiences with them. Haven't used or seen aquaillumantions or ecorays.

Almost every local fish store here in San Diego / Riverside county has them in stock, that's how I found and learned of them. Everyone, including employees of the stores use them, and one store runs them on all their tanks. They say they notice a difference in fish behavior and stress (natural shimmer effect). But if you're not around here, most get them from www.ecoxotic.com . I just can't say enough positive about them.

Mine are the combo blue white mix. Also I added two blues since I like 14000k / 15000k look. My tank is a 90 gallon tank 4 feet wide. With the new panorama pros, they are 12000k / 445 so I wouldn't use the blue since they are closer to the look I like.

Loach23 said:
I'm about to purchase 2 12w 24" stunner strips to add to my 29g reef tank. I have 4 t5 running right now on it I'm gonna add 1 445 royal blue 24" stunner and 8000k 24" stunner has anyone used these how are they and am I actually upgrading will I get a better par output and light output overall by adding them

What 29 gallon tank do you have? Is it a biocube? I was thinking of purchasing one to do a small reef, but can't see one out of the box. I want to be sure the light compartment can hold LEDs.

No not biocube standard rectangular 29 gallon 30" long by 12" deep. I just ordered 3 24" stunners that my LFS gets for $42 each. So I am building a canopy for it with 2 fans on the side 4 t5 Ho bulb and 3 strips of stunners 1 royal blue 1 white and 1 combo

Back
Top Bottom