Eel advice :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The place i bought it from said its called a fantasy eel and they said it was not a peacock eel his pretty cool though got it in a nano tank with a badis and 2 peacock gudgeons

Ohh i've never heard of that type of eel, very cool though :) I love eels

Yep i have two huge senegal birchirs too and yea hopefully i find out more info bout the eel

Yep i have two huge senegal birchirs too and yea hopefully i find out more info bout the eel

Well, you stumbled into the Eel Club lol...but I haven't seen one like that before. I used to have a Senegal (raised from a pup for six years), then he passed away due most likely to my ineptitude.

That memory reminded me...if you see your eel doing something odd like hanging upside down in plants, that was the first sign he was ill. I just didn't know it at the time and thought he liked doing that.

I am learning so much in the short time I've been here, and I want to at least help others avoid some of my mistakes learned the hard way. In this case, my water quality was very poor, I did not own an API test kit (just strips), and did not have the first clue about much of anything, including what to stock or not stock with an eel. I was also doing really dumb things like feeding him meat, like little pieces of chicken, pork, or beef...little knowing the witches' brew that was stewing in there as a result. :banghead:

Now I am focused on learning everything I can about maintaining a healthy environment for my current bunch.

Yea i learned my lesson with putting the wrong tankmates with the birchir and hopefully find out more about da eel cause he looks like a zig zag but than looks like a peacock from the head to the middle of his body

Back
Top Bottom