Eel problems :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sharkbait54 said:
I've been doing some research cause I'm getting mine soon. Supposedly your not suppose to feed them flakes it does nothing for them. They like worms bloodworms and brine shrimp. They a carnivorous.

Im guessin the flakes are for his other fish

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Sorry i meant wafers, and thise are for my feather fin catfish! Haha my eel eats lots of bloodworms! Do brine shrimp come in little frozen squares like the blood worms do..? Thanks! I hope ur eel does well! Name him nu nu.. Or na na.. Or ne ne ;)
Hahaha ok that's good. And yes they do come in convenient frozen cubes for feeding. Just curious where did you get those names from?

Oh really sick! And nu nu is the name of the vacume on telitubbies (idk how i know this), and my eel looks and eats like that vacume so nu nu it is! And na na/ ne ne were my 2nd and third choices :)

Hahaha its far fetched i know. My eel is abt 7" a pretty big boy :) make sure u have lots of caves and floor space. He also likes to swim through the plants abd bury himself in the gravel. Im sure u know this stuff though :) haha seal up openings out of ur tank, and if u have a power head or filter with holes big enough for him to get sucked into, fix that for sure!

54g he should be ok I already made him a cave with a clear tube about 7" to 8" long and tied 2 almond leave on it. It looks pretty cool if he gets here tomorrow "LFS ordered it" I'll post it on a different thread. So I take it your guy survived and is doing well?

Yea nu nu is doin ok so far! :) haha and i hope u have lots of floor space because the fether fin will be quite territorial twards any other bottom feaders that go in his area. My feather fin it 2 1/2" and is nu nu goes in his cave, the 7" eel gets chased out. Hahah hes territorial, but not too agressive

Lol me 2. They usually already have it acclimated to one of their tanks when I get there, they quarantine the fish before they sell them.

I have a 22 tire track eel he has been through many ich treatments. You just have to be careful what you use as far as medicine is concerned my tank is also planted and I lost no plants if I were you if you get ich go to your lfs and buy a medicine that is safe for scale less fish everything will be fine never lost a fish also turn your heat up NOT 86 more like 82 83 and in EXTREME cases of ich 84 85 just my 2 cents

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111026_121557.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111026_121557.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20111026_121625.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111026_121625.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 57
Greenphantom said:
I have a 22 tire track eel he has been through many ich treatments. You just have to be careful what you use as far as medicine is concerned my tank is also planted and I lost no plants if I were you if you get ich go to your lfs and buy a medicine that is safe for scale less fish everything will be fine never lost a fish also turn your heat up NOT 86 more like 82 83 and in EXTREME cases of ich 84 85 just my 2 cents

Wow amazing eel!! And yea my tank is 82 now and beibg treated herbal, fish and plant friendly medz!

Sharkbait54 said:
It didn't get here have to wait till next week.

Ohh are u buying an eel or feather fin?
I got confused :/ haha i hope u get a bigger one, rather then smaller

Back
Top Bottom