eel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it is a misconception that airstones oxygenate water. They produce bubbles, but oxygenation occurs with surface water movement.

I would think that a 20 gallon tank would be the smallest I would go. But that is just me.

Ok. Maybe I can start working at the LFS for a 29 gallon setup. It will be just for the eel.

It's alot of money for an eel that is famous for being reclusive. :wink: Be vary wary of the impulse buy, think it through before committing to a setup. I would research all of its needs, traits, lifespan, etc. before purchasing a setup for it.

Reclusive? Well obviously it would take a while to save for that setup, but I really cant find a ton of quality info. on this guy.

Reclusive?
It is known to hide quite a bit.

Well obviously it would take a while to save for that setup, but I really cant find a ton of quality info. on this guy.
They just need a tank with plenty of liverock to do the hiding mentioned above :D . The lack of information is the main reason I decided against keeping this eel. :? I figure that if information is not readily available, we do not really know that much about it's true requirements in the home aquarium. I don't mind keeping livestock, but I don't like to experiment with wild-caught species.

Good luck deciding, they are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom