Egeria/anacharis issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405653932.947717.jpg

This plant is so light green it's almost yellow and has some pink tones at the tip. I know that's not normal. Any ideas why? I know it's sensitive to excel which I think made it stall in growing for a while but now it seems to be growing but all new leaves are super pale.

60g, 2.54w T5HO bulbs, 2.15w T8s. 8ml excel daily. PPS Pro (last 6 days only). Light 6 hours daily (trying to fix algae issues).

Anacharis

Hello sal...

Pondweed is a floating plant, it grows best if the entire plant is close to the light source. It doesn't grow well planted because the leaves below are shaded by those above. It grows best in cooler water.

I have this one in my low light tanks and the lights are on timers set for 12 hours on and 12 off. I don't use commercial fertilizers. There are too many chemicals in them and they have a tendency to mess up my tank's water chemistry. I'm a pure water enthusiast. I just have a lot of fish in the tank and feed them a variety of food. They provide all the fertilizer.

B

That looks like a rotala, that would.explain the pinking. How long have you had it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That looks like a rotala, that would.explain the pinking. How long have you had it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh really!! You could be right. I got a bag of cuttings from someone with a list of plants and had to match the plant to the name - could well have got it wrong.

I've had it about 2 months. Wasn't really growing at all, but now that I've added PPS PRO seems like it's starting to grow now, though I thought the color meant it wasn't healthy (the older leaves are a bit sad looking as it had BBA).

Back
Top Bottom