Egg masses in my fiver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsyqueen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I saw small masses of egglike thingees in my fiver today. There are probably about twenty of these. I have four guppies, feeders, and at one time had four ghost shrimp, and I have about eight small snails. These eggs are in groups of about twenty, and are on plants and everything. They are small and white, and in clumps. I'm thinking it might be snail eggs, but I don't know what kind of snails I have, they came on my hornwort. Any ideas??? thanks

First of all, are the eggs out of the water or in the water? You might want to check www.applesnail.net and check if you have some apple snails or another breed of snail.

It can't be the guppys, because they are live bearers, and don't lay eggs.

I'm pretty certain it is not the ghost shrimp then again I could be wrong.

Do your snails have snorcals that come out of the water? Do they sleep at the top of the tank at night? If it's yes to the snorcal question you definatly have a type of apple snail. Then again if they're over plants under water i doubt they're apple snails.

JMHO

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm sort of excited about my newer snails, because thy have a really pretty shell pattern. Might be cute to look at!
Gyp

Sounds like snail eggs. The common pond snail that so often hitch along on aquarium plants lay their eggs in small masses.

Sounds like snails, i had them before. Mine were on the plant (stems) and some on the glass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom