Eh, Why Not? Tales of a Planted Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
He he he, I'm up to it again! By that I mean throwing together another tank! And by tank I mean a bowl:)

So here's what I have:
1g bowl from Walmart that's been sitting in my room holding random water
HC, rotala rundifolia, bacopia monnieri, micro red chain sword, and java moss.
Stuff to do DIY CO2
Oh, and if I do ever put anything in here it'll only be a ghost shrimp or two.

Here's what I want to know:

Should I do immersed then do submersed?
Do submersed entirely?
Do regular old miracle grow or do organic miracle grow?
DIY CO2 or not?

I'll think of more I'm sure of it!

Thanks for looking:D

Cool! I've been wanting to start a RCS planted bowl for a while now. What kind of lighting do you have for the bowl? Subscribed!:)

Austin.b said:
Cool! I've been wanting to start a RCS planted bowl for a while now. What kind of lighting do you have for the bowl? Subscribed!:)

It's a desk lamp. It has 27w and is in the 6500k.

It good to see others are interested in doing the same thing!

Bottomfeeder88 said:
You coulda coughed up the extra $8 and gotted a 10 gallon for a proper rcs!! :dance:

Oh I have a 10g for RCS, this is just for extra clippings and maybe a ghost shrimp if I feel like one would be ok in there. I honestly just had an extra bowl lying around that I thought needed some life!:D

Yet another :hide: hehe!

Looks like a good set up already.

This tank addiction is getting worse! I might even be getting another 20g.

Basefrog said:
Yet another :hide: hehe!

Looks like a good set up already.

This tank addiction is getting worse! I might even be getting another 20g.

Yups, I really need to stop but there's a few more places in my house that would be great for a tank, or two:whistle:

Yes get the 20g!!!! Get the puffers you wanted!!! Ahaha evil MTS (the tank one) will strike again!!!

I'm going to get the soil around soon:). Post pictures when I do!

Basefrog said:
I was ACTUALLY going to do that!! haha!

Ooo soil seems interesting. Heard about it before, but never dared put it in a tank =/

I just did it with the 2.5g. It's really simple. I'm just doing a few more water changes than usual and checking the ammonia more often than usual. I'd suggest doing that to your puffer tank;). Fun stuff!

Hey! It's not carved in stone yet. I still want/need to do my 30g tank up >.<

I suppose better safe than sorry with all the precautions =)

What do you all think is better: sand or gravel? I think that sand would probably be best in here because of the fact that HC is going in there. But I do have about 3lbs of gravel that I could use.

Even better! Good idea. I'll get everything around!

Another quick opinion question: emersed or submersed?

I think it would be pretty cool if you do a emersed setup, that way the plants could flower! But what ever you chose I'm sure it will look great!:)

I think that a little variety couldn't hurt anyone. I'm definitely doing emersed:) Thanks for the little push to do it!

Here's sand in bowl:
img_1848710_0_522fa60195728a73135fa8abcd8c3b3a.jpg

Here's gravel in bowl:
img_1848710_1_a78b50f5d259e5a07b5e9f7629c74403.jpg

Back
Top Bottom